Older Teen & Young Adult Eating Disorder Recovery Support Group
Upcoming Group Details
The older teen and young adult eating disorder recovery support group is held live and online via secure, HIPAA-Compliant video
Group ages: 15-20
GROUP IS OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT NOW (Group has rolling admissions)
Time & Day: Wednesdays, 5-6 PM
Fee: $700 for six sessions ($600 for current clients)
Note: Group is an initial commitment of 6 meetings. If you’d like to continue in group, you may drop-in at any time. The fee for an individual drop-in group is $105
Group is A Great Fit for You If…
You’re already working with a therapist, dietitian, and/or medical doctor and want to join group in addition to your eating disorder treatment and care (not in place of).
You’re medically stable, in an outpatient level of care, and working on recovery.
You want to be in a group and you’re open to sharing and processing with others.
You want to expand your eating, self-care, coping & positive body image skills.
Group is Not A Great Fit for You If…
You want to use group as a replacement for eating disorder treatment or care.*
You’re not medically stable, in an outpatient level of care, or working on recovery.
The idea of a group seems overwhelming instead of helpful.
You’re not able to make a commitment to group, and you don’t want to be in group.
How Group Works…
We’ll meet weekly via secure, HIPAA-Compliant video for 6 weeks
If you want to continue on after the initial 6 week committment, you can drop in at any time
All materials (guides, handouts, worksheets) will be provided.
Group is processed-based & skill based & a place for connection & support.
This is a LIVE group only.
What a Session Looks Like
– Wins? Challenges? Observations?
– This time is a combination of education, personal exploration, and group discussion.
– Example topics: Body image, intuitive eating in recovery, self-care, setting boundaries in recovery, etc.
What You Can Expect from Group
A non-judgmental, weight-inclusive, Health at Every Size® (HAES) , all-foods-fit aligned group.
A space where you can come, process, learn, and be.
Peer support, care, connection, and compassion.
Tools, approaches & techniques that you can use in your daily life to sustain and maintain your recovery.
WHAT AGES CAN JOIN?
WHO CAN JOIN?
This group is for all genders, identities, and forms of eating disorders. What matters most is that group members are kind, caring, and compassionate with one another and their experiences.
WHAT IF I DON’T FEEL COMFORTABLE SHARING?
You will always have the opportunity to use your voice in group. If you don’t feel comfortable sharing something, you are welcome to “pass.” If you don’t feel comfortable sharing at all, group is most likely not a good fit for you at the moment.
I RATHER DO 1:1 WORK. DO YOU DO THAT?
Yes, you can find other ways in how we can work together here.
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN GROUP?
At a minimum 6. At a maximum 12.
I’M A PARENT AND WANT MY TEEN TO JOIN GROUP, BUT THEY DON’T REALLY WANT TO. IS THAT OK?
I so appreciate that you want to give your teen extra support. Because recovery takes a village. And with that said, it’s really important that your teen want to join group, so it’s a beneficial, worthwhile experience for them and for others in group. If they don’t want to be in group, I recommend not joining.
I HAVE A QUESTION NOT LISTED HERE.
Please email me at Corinne[at]CorinneDobbas.com
Interested in joining?
Below are the steps required to join group:
- Email me at Corinne@CorinneDobbas.com to schedule a 25-minute video discovery call.
- After the video discovery call, if we both think it’s a fit to join, please have one of the practitioners on your treatment team (i.e., your therapist, medical doctor or dietitian), complete this online referral form. This form will need to be received at least a week prior to the start of group.
- Paperwork needed to join group will be emailed electronically via my secure client management system as soon as you decide you’d like to join group. Paperwork will need to be completed at least a week prior to the start of group.
- Full payment for 6 sessions of group will be due prior to the start of group to secure your spot in group. Payment is accepted via credit card. Please note that refunds will not be provided.
- If you decide to continue on in group or drop-in at any point, the credit card on file will be charged $105 per drop-in