Older Teen & Young Adult Eating Disorder Recovery Support Group
Upcoming Group Details
The older teen and young adult eating disorder recovery support group is held live and online via secure, HIPAA-Compliant video
Group ages: 16-20
Next group starts Tuesday, March 7th
Time & Day: Tuesday, 5-6 PM
Fee: $800 for six sessions
Note: Group is an initial commitment of 6 meetings. If you’d like to continue in group, you may continue. The fee for an individual drop-in group is $110
Group is A Great Fit for You If…
You’re already working with a therapist, dietitian, and/or medical doctor and want to join group in addition to your eating disorder treatment and care (not in place of).
You’re medically stable, in an outpatient level of care, and working on recovery.
You want to be in a group.
You want to expand your eating, self-care, coping & positive embodiment skills.
Group is Not A Great Fit for You If…
You want to use group as a replacement for eating disorder treatment or care.*
You’re not medically stable, in an outpatient level of care, or working on recovery.
The idea of a group seems overwhelming instead of helpful.
You’re not able to make a commitment to group, and you don’t want to be in group.
How Group Works…
We’ll meet weekly via secure, HIPAA-Compliant video for 6 weeks
If you want to continue on after you may
All materials (guides, handouts, worksheets) will be provided.
Group is processed and skill based
This is a LIVE group only. If you miss a session, you unfortunately miss a session.
What a Session Looks Like
– Wins? Challenges? Observations?
GROUP DISCUSSION/TOPIC (topics are below)
– This time is a combination of education, personal exploration, and group discussion.
What You Can Expect from Group
A non-judgmental, weight-inclusive, Health at Every Size® (HAES) , all-foods-fit aligned group.
A space where you can come, process, learn, and be.
Peer support, care, connection, and compassion.
Nutrition & health from a non-weight focused, non-diet approach.
Tools, approaches & techniques that you can use in your daily life to help you nurture the kind of relationship you actually want to have with food and your body.
WHAT AGES CAN JOIN?
WHO CAN JOIN?
This group is for all genders, identities, and forms of eating disorders. What matters most is that group members are kind, caring, and compassionate with one another and their experiences.
WHAT IF I DON’T FEEL COMFORTABLE SHARING?
You will always have the opportunity to use your voice in group. If you don’t feel comfortable sharing something, you are welcome to “pass.” If you don’t feel comfortable sharing at all, group is most likely not a good fit for you at the moment.
I RATHER DO 1:1 WORK. DO YOU DO THAT?
Yes, you can find other ways in how we can work together here.
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN GROUP?
At a minimum 6. At a maximum 12.
I’M A PARENT AND WANT MY TEEN TO JOIN GROUP, BUT THEY DON’T REALLY WANT TO. IS THAT OK?
I so appreciate that you want to give your teen extra support. Because recovery takes a village. And with that said, it’s really important that your teen want to join group, so it’s a beneficial, worthwhile experience for them and for others in group. If they don’t want to be in group, I recommend not joining.
I HAVE A QUESTION NOT LISTED HERE.
Please email me at Corinne[at]CorinneDobbas.com
Interested in joining?
Below are the steps required to join group:
- Email me at Corinne@CorinneDobbas.com to schedule a 25-minute video discovery call.
- After the video discovery call, if we both think it’s a fit to join, please have one of the practitioners on your treatment team (i.e., your therapist, medical doctor or dietitian), complete this online referral form. This form will need to be received at least a week prior to the start of group.
- Paperwork needed to join group will be emailed electronically via my secure client management system as soon as you decide you’d like to join group. Paperwork will need to be completed at least a week prior to the start of group.
- Full payment for 6 sessions of group ($800) will be due prior to the start of group to secure your spot in group. Payment is accepted via credit card. Please note that refunds will not be provided.
- If you decide to continue on in group or drop-in at any point, the credit card on file will be charged $110