Eating Disorder Recovery Support Group for Teens
Upcoming Group Details
The online eating disorder recovery support group for teens is held live and online via secure, HIPAA-Compliant video
Group ages >> 14-18.
Next group runs on Wednesdays from 11 am – 12:15-12:30 pm PST
Dates for next group >> July 7th, 14th , 21st, 28th & August 4th & 11th
For a total of six, 75-90-minute group sessions
Fee >> $600
Group Is A Great Fit for You if…
You’re already working with a therapist, dietitian, and/or medical doctor and want to join group in addition to your eating disorder treatment and care (not in place of).
You’re medically stable, in an outpatient level of care, and working on recovery.
You want to be in group and to connect with other teens who are also in recovery.
You want to expand your eating, self-care & positive body image skills.
Group Is Not A Great Fit for You if…
You want to use group as a replacement for eating disorder treatment or care.*
You’re not medically stable, in an outpatient level of care, or working on recovery.
The idea of a group seems overwhelming instead of helpful.
You’re not able to make a commitment to group, and you don’t want to be in group.
How Group Works
We’ll meet weekly via secure, HIPAA-Compliant video for 6 weeks, for a total of six, 75-90 minute group sessions.
All materials (guides, handouts, worksheets) are included in the cost of the program and will be provided.
Group is highly interactive & participatory.
This is a LIVE group only. If you miss a session, you unfortunately miss a session.
Each group session will have suggested “homework.”
You’ll have unlimited email support.
With written permission, I will share brief noteworthy updates to your treatment team.
What A Group Session Looks Like
– Wins? Challenges? Observations?
GROUP DISCUSSION/TOPIC (topics are below)
– This time is a combination of education, personal exploration, and group discussion.
– Participant intention setting + creating a “brave sharing space” for group
– Mindful movement – When is exercise helpful V harmful
– Navigating food and challenging feelings
– Body image – Body image psychoeducation + how to handle challenging body image moments
– Reframing unhelpful food and body thoughts
– Peer support and personal recovery feedback
What You Can Expect from Group
A non-judgmental, weight-inclusive, Health at Every Size® (HAES) , all-foods-fit aligned group.
A space where you can come, process, learn, and be.
Peer support, care, connection, and compassion.
Nutrition & health from a non-weight focused, non-diet approach.
Tools, approaches & techniques that you can begin using immediately in your daily life to help you nurture the kind of relationship you actually want to have with food and your body.
WHAT AGES CAN JOIN?
Ideally, participants who join the online eating disorder recovery support group for teens are 14-18 years of age. Individuals less than 14 years of age wouldn’t be appropriate for this group.
WHAT IF I DON’T FEEL COMFORTABLE SHARING?
You will always have the opportunity to use your voice in group. If you don’t feel comfortable sharing something, you are welcome to “pass.” If you don’t feel comfortable sharing at all, group is most likely not a good fit for you at the moment.
I RATHER DO 1:1 WORK. DO YOU DO THAT?
Yes, you can find other ways in how we can work together here.
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN GROUP?
Between 4 & 6.
I’M A PARENT AND WANT MY TEEN TO JOIN GROUP, BUT THEY DON’T REALLY WANT TO. IS THAT OK?
I so appreciate that you want to give your teen extra support. Because recovery takes a village. And with that said, it’s really important that your teen want to join group, so it’s a beneficial, worthwhile experience for them and for others in group. They don’t need to be super eager to join, but they do need to be open to it and generally, have feelings of positivity towards joining group. If they don’t want to be in group, I recommend not joining.
I HAVE A QUESTION NOT LISTED HERE.
Please email me at Corinne[at]CorinneDobbas.com
Interested in joining the eating disorder recovery support group for teens?
Below are the steps required to join group:
- Email me at Corinne@CorinneDobbas.com to be added to the next group’s wait list
- Once the enrollment period begins for the upcoming July group – in May and June – I’ll reach out via email to schedule a 20-30 minute discovery video call to assure group is a good fit for you. A parent is recommended to join this video call.
- After the video discovery call, if you’re interested in joining group, please have one of the practitioners on your treatment team (i.e., your therapist, medical doctor or dietitian), complete this form and email or fax it back to me. Directions on how to send it back are on the form. This form will need to be received at least a week prior to the start of group.
- Paperwork needed to join group will be emailed electronically via my secure client management system as soon as you decide you’d like to join group. Paperwork will need to be completed at least a week prior to the start of group.
- Full payment for group ($600) will be due prior to the start of group to secure your spot in group, as there are only 6 spots available and group typically does fill. Payment is accepted via credit card. Please note that refunds will not be provided.