A sneak-peek clip of the show…
Amy Freier, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and Certified Sex Therapist, joins me for an episode of HeartSpace you won’t want to miss. We talk sex, shame, self-compassion, relationships, body confidence, and body image and how all of these things come together and intersect. This is an episode you won’t want to miss because the stuff we’re talking about is not typical stuff you’ll hear in your day-to-day… or really, stuff you’ll hear at all. I can’t wait for you to hear the episode!
Inside the episode we discuss:
- What is a sex therapist?
- How to move through shame when it comes to sexual experiences and/or our bodies
- Why sex is a taboo topic
- Where shame comes from
- Why self-compassion and permission are so important and how to use them
- How to stay positive when you feel like you have something heavy to share
- How people weed themselves out for us (and why it’s a good thing)
- Why you’re normal, even if you feel like you’re not…
- Moving away from what your body looks like to what it can offer you to reduce negative body image
- Sex and feeling confident in your body
- Where to start if you have a bad body image
- Body image and sexual pleasure
- What does awakening your body mean?
- How to identify what your body needs
- The role of self-care, self-love, and self-compassion in relation to sex, our bodies, and ourselves
- The tyranny of the “shoulds”
- How much reassurance do you need from your partner V yourself in feeling attractive?
- How to give yourself self-compassion
- Finding messages that align with you and removing ones that no longer serve you
- What changing your narrative means and why it’s important when you want to change the way you view your body, relationship, sex, or really, when you want to change anything… and how to start