Brie Shelly, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Registered Yoga Teacher, avid traveler, and positive social media advocate, talks social media, eating disorder recovery and body image.
Inside the show, we discuss:
- Social media’s affect on mental health
- The pros and cons of social media on wellbeing
- Social media’s affect on body image and feelings about food choices
- How (and why) not to compare your individual eating disorder recovery journey to someone else’s
- Being mindful of what you share about your recovery journey online
- Tools to help protect yourself from comparison in your recovery journey
- The affects of social media “before and after” photos
- How to gain media literacy
- How to build mindfulness and awareness in your relationship with social media
- Helpful questions to ask yourself about social media
- Why in-person support and groups are so important in recovery
- And much more!
CONNECT WITH BRIE
Brie’s website // Podcast // Instagram