Elizabeth Scott LCSW, CEDS-S, discusses the difference between body image and embodiment in this rich podcast episode. Elizabeth is an educator and psychotherapist whose work focuses on the intersection of embodiment, social justice, and mindfulness. She’s the Co-Founder and Director of Training for The Body Positive as well as a Certified Eating Disorders Specialist and iaedpTM Approved Supervisor. And she trains mental health providers and dietitians to use her Big Hearted Embodiment model. This episode with Elizabeth is a treat.
More specifically, we talk about:
- How the term “body image” is dissociative
- What embodiment means
- The difference between body image and embodiment
- Learning how to connect with our bodies and beauty
- Factors that promote embodiment
- How to “turn towards” ourselves
- How to trust the authority of your own body
- What is intuitive self-care?
- Cultivating a quality of self-kindness