Dr. Heidi Dalzell, a clinical psychologist in the greater Philadelphia area, joins The Body Image Podcast to talk about eating disorder recovery in midlife women. Inside the show we explore eating disorders and trauma, life changes that make midlife women susceptible to eating disorders, a key question in recovery and finding hope.
We also explore:
- Common threads in women recovering from an eating disorder
- How (and why) recovery often feels hard
- Barriers for midlife women in treatment and how to move beyond them
- Media, culture, and the natural aging process
- Why it’s never too late to recover
- And so much more