Katherine Metzelaar, Non-Diet Registered Dietitian, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, and nutrition therapist talks about how our relationship with food is related to our relationship with our body, moving from fixing to being, grief in body image healing work, and the importance of compassion.
We also talk about:
- What a personal body story is,
- The importance of body flexibility and what that is,
- How intuitive eating can be taken over by diet culture,
- Practical ways to nurture a more positive body image, and
- Much more!
CONNECT WITH KATHERINE
PEOPLE, BOOKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW
- Body acceptance begins with grieving the thin ideal (This exact article was not mentioned in the show, but the topic of grief was and this is a beautiful article on grieving the thin ideal that may be helpful in your body image healing journey)