Rachel Coleman, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist, talks about mindfulness, food, feelings, and coping skills to respond to those feelings.
We also talk about:
- How mindfulness is connected to body image work
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) & DBT skills
- The nuances of “emotional eating”
- Exploring what to do when “emotional eating” feels distressing to you
- Separating feelings and food (or disordered eating behaviors)
- Showing yourself grace