Paige Smathers, Nutrition Therapist and owner of Positive Nutrition™, joins HeartSpace Podcast for an episode that is full of heart while also full of thought and soul. Inside, Paige and I talk nuance and remaining curious and non-judgmental – both professionally and personally. We explore mindfulness, suffering, and impermanence in relation to food and body, but also in relation to being human. Paige also shares how substance use disorders and body image and food issues intersect. This is truly an episode that will leave you thinking.
More specifically, we discuss:
- What nuance means
- The middle ground
- Exploring the messiness of being human
- Diet culture and intuitive eating – remaining curious, open, and non-judgemental
- Being unapologetic
- Handling criticism
- Food and body image in relation to mindfulness
- What mindfulness really is
- Secular buddhism
- Suffering and impermanence in relation to food and body issues, but also being human
- Understanding our thoughts & feelings
- Substance use disorders in relation to body image and nutrition and vice versa
- And so much more!