Whitney Russell, MS, LPC-S, CEDS-S, a Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor and Certified Eating Disorder Specialist-Supervisor, talks about anxiety and moving beyond restriction in eating disorder recovery. Whitney is also a mom of four, and she’s the owner and founder of Brave Haven Counseling in Richardson, Texas.
Inside the show, we discuss:
- What does restriction mean?
- Restriction beyond just food
- The unmet needs behind restriction
- Allowing yourself rest
- How to sit with vulnerability
- Food and anxiety
- How to step outside of diet culture
- Meeting unmet needs
- The importance of defining what health look like for you
- How and why to care for yourself and feed yourself when hunger cues aren’t there
- How eating disorders and restricting tendencies can exist in any size body, and
- Much more