I talk about “choosing love over fear” a lot.
In fact, these words make up one of my favorite daily mantras: I choose to let love in and fear out.
It wasn’t always like this though. Before I was ready to dig deep and really look at (or even be aware of) how my inner world shaped my outer world, I would have thought you were a little nutty, if you told me to “choose love over fear.”
Today, however, choosing love over fear is an integral (grounding) part of my day on a moment-to-moment basis – in all areas of my life – finances, relationships, business, self-kindness …
In truth, choosing love over fear is a key part in all of our lives, to feel centered, grounded, and peaceful. We just don’t always realize it, as we get off-track, stop tuning-in, or feel like we’re not worthy enough to do it.
And once you start choosing love over fear, I promise your world will become infinitely more safe, loving, and open, so you can in fact, do what your heart most desires and grow more into your person. All it takes is an open heart, a willing mind, and the desire to feel more love.
So – what does choosing love over fear mean?
Choosing love over fear means:
1. You choose to stop beating yourself up, accept that you too are human, and show yourself compassion.
2. You choose to accept your struggles as opportunities for growth and change.
3. You choose to see all people through a lens of compassion and yes, even the ones who treat you poorly (they’re going through their own stuff … nothing to do with you!).
4. You choose to forgive yourself and others, so you can let the past go, cut the chords, and finally be able to do what you need to do in the present to thrive.
5. You choose to start appreciating your body (instead of bashing it), and that very respect allows you to do what’s right for you and your body daily.
6. You choose to not let others determine your worth.
7. You choose to savor your moments and be grateful for all that you have (even if you want more). Note: it is this very mindset that will get you more.
8. You choose to let the beliefs, thoughts, and ideas that are no longer serving you go.
9. You choose to set loving boundaries, so you can feel important too (and not like a doormat).
10. You choose to honor the present moment, by showing up the best you can for where you are in that moment.
11. You choose to speak your truth and ask for what you need, so you can live freely, fully, and honestly.
12. You choose to see your possible.
13. You choose to remember that feelings are just feelings and that they too will pass.
14. You choose to show your loved ones love.
15. You choose to not let what you labeled yourself as prevent you from becoming who you want to grow into.
Most importantly, you choose you every time, so you can show up for yourself and others. Because you absolutely have the power to achieve anything you want to achieve. You just need to get your intentions inline with your actions. And once you start doing that, you will create an energy shift that will propel you along your journey.
What does this take?
It takes consciousness. It requires you to show up, each and every single day and to do the work. To be awake. To do your very best with where you are right now and to love, honor, and accept that and to have faith (even when you think you can’t anymore) that yes, you still can.
And with your honest intentions, inner work, and constant choosing of love over fear, you will get there. And maybe that “there” will change for you along your journey, but eventually wherever “there” takes you will be exactly where you need to be. And once you really start to delve in, you’ll realize that you’re already “there,” you just have more work to do (like all of us).
Is this always easy?
I still struggle. And that’s okay. I know that it’s a moment-to-moment every day kind of thing that requires us to consistently show up. We learn the most about ourselves and push ourselves to grow when we go through bumps along the road.
The thing is when we choose love over fear the road is smoother, faith keeps us going, and we choose to see our pain, discomfort, and struggles through a lens of light, love, and growth instead of darkness, fear, and staying stuck.
And this is important: when you can’t shift your mindset, go actively do something.
Don’t get stuck in your head (that’s the worst feeling … and just your fear talking). So drop it, let it go for now, take a few deep breaths and do!
Go for a walk, take the dogs on a hike, swim, read a mindlessly delicious book, call a friend who always brightens your spirits, knit – whatever it is, go do something that gets you out of your head and brightens your spirit.
You do not have to stay stuck.
Remember, when you can’t choose, DO!!!
Change your space, move your body, get out of your head and ever so gently remind yourself that this is just a feeling, it will pass, and even though it sucks right now, you will grow from it.
Whatever it is, it’s showing up to teach you something.
So, take the lesson. Expand. Move forward.
Because when you do that, that’s choosing love over fear right there.